Monday, April 5, 2010

random... just for laughs...



Okay, I know, I haven't written in a bit... you know the drill, i'm sorry... life happens/happened... blah, blah.. i'm getting tired of my own excuses..*sighs* but oh well.. The real reason this time is that I've been in a mood (what's new, huh?lol) and haven't been assed to put nothing up... It sucks, I know.. But I'm learning to get over myself.. and not take things and people too seriously.. Anyways, I came across this (see below) recently, and it made me smile.. Hope it makes you smile too. :-D

(ps: promise, promise, promise to put something up tomorrow. I promise. Got some stuff on my chest that I gotta let out..hehe.xxx)


Here are some signs that you may not find anywhere else in the world except in Africa.



1. In a restaurant in Zambia:
'Open seven days a week and weekends.'
(May be in Zambia, a week has nine days!)

2. On the grounds of a private school in South Africa:
'No trespassing without permission.'
(Would it still be trespassing then?)

3. On a window of a Nigerian shop:
'Why go elsewhere to be cheated when you can come here?'
(Talk of freedom of choice of where to be cheated from!!!)

4. On a poster in Ghana:
'Are you an adult who cannot read? If so, we can help.'
(And how did they expect the person to read this?)

5. In a hotel in Mozambique:
'Visitors are expected to complain at the office between the hours of 9.00 am and 11.00am daily.'
(No complaint.. I am no whiner!!)

6. On a river in the Democratic Republic of Congo:
'Take note: When this sign is submerged, the river is impassable.'
(My foot!!! I won’t be able to read it when it is under water.)

7. In a Zimbabwean restaurant:
'Customers who find our waitresses rude ought to see the manager.'
(Who has the problem here??)

8. A sign seen on a hand dryer in a Lesotho public toilet:
'Risk of electric shock - Do not activate with wet hands.'
(No comment!!)

9. In a Botswana jewellers shop:
'Ears pierced while you wait..'
(No, I will collect my ears upon returning from the next shop!!!)

10. On one of the buildings of a Sierra Leone hospital:
'Mental Health Prevention Centre.'
(Risky! If mental health were prevented, tell me, would that nation not be full of lunatics??!! !)

11. In a maternity ward of a clinic in Tanzania:
'No children allowed!'
(Where should they be born?)

12. In a cemetery in Uganda:
'Persons are prohibited from picking flowers from any but their
graves'.
(Spooky!!)

13. In a Malawi hotel:
'It is forbidden to steal towels please. If you are not a person to
do such a thing, please don't read this notice.'
(Where in the world is stealing not forbidden?? By the way, I
have already read it though it's none of my business!!)

14. A sign posted in an Algerian tourist camping park:
'It is strictly forbidden on our camping site that people of
different sex, for instance a man and woman, live together
in one tent unless they are married to each other for that
purpose.'
(Some purposes are difficult to comprehend!! )

15. In a Namibian nightclub:
'Ladies are not allowed to have children in the bar.'
(Do men have children?)

16. In a photo studio in Chitungwiza ( Zimbabwe ):
'Photos taken while you wait '
(Ouch!!! Can I leave my face and collect the
photo later?)

Talk of reasoning!

No comments:

Post a Comment