Monday, February 14, 2011


Happy Valentine’s Day!!

Lol.. okay, lemme just say it now and let it out and over with… I hate valentines day!!!!lol. that felt good. Now, don’t get it twisted, I am not a hater, neither am I jealous that I haven’t got anyone to ‘val’ or to ‘val’ me… it's just that I hate the commercialization of the occasion (if you wanna call it that). I love the concept of taking one day out of the year to make someone special feel special, that makes sense to me, and if buying flowers and candy is your way of expressing what you feel, kudos. But I think people trivialize it (it being valentine’s day) for some reason, I don’t think its genuine anymore... it’s like Christmas, most of the time people get so caught up in the festivities that they forget the real ‘reason for the season’ (as cliché as that is to say). So its not that I hate valentines day per se, its just… why can’t it be valentine’s day everyday? Why do we need people/culture to make us remember the need to make someone feel special?lol… And they say oao is cold-hearted… my heart is as soft as caramel y’all… forget what you heard… lmao.. okay, that made even me laugh, but you get my point, right? Anyways, now that I’m done with the prelude, lemme get on to the real post…

In honor of love or (lovers’) day, I dedicate this post to the love of my life… Who’s been here for me ever since I can remember, and I can honestly say

I would not be here if it wasn’t for Him. I don’t think there was ever a day when He didn’t show me that He cares, (even though sometimes I failed to notice… because like most people I can be quite myopic and not look at the picture as a whole, but on what I think matters, which most of the time ends up being irrelevant in the grand scheme of things…) He shows me what true love is, by loving me in spite of me and despite what I do (or don't do) and even when I don't love me or think I deserve to be loved. Anyway, I just want to take the time out on a special day such as this to publicly declare how much I really, really love Him. I wish there was a better way to say it, but He sees and knows my 'heart'.

It’s kinda weird, because usually on Valentine’s Day, I have this playlist of my favorite love songs that I listen to nonstop… But this year, maybe because I’m at a different stage in life, or because I didn’t have the time, I haven’t made a proper one yet. I mean, I have a makeshift one, of about 10 songs, but considering I usually have hundreds of songs… lol. I don’t know, I guess my soul wants to celebrate Him who deserves to be celebrated the most today (and every other day for that matter.. but I digress). I know and confess I need to spend more time with Him so that I better understand Him… but I’m human… and I tend to umm… for lack of a better phrase or word, mess up and slack off and let other things get in the way.. *sigh* need to fix that… But yea… Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!!! Tell someone you love them today. And also do something special for yourself too, because like 'L'oreal', you're worth it. ;) Haha

Ps: a special valentines day shout out to all my other loves, lovers and friends and grown&sexy people.. and also to my extra special valentine.. ;) :*


the everly sexy

.oao.


No comments:

Post a Comment