Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Un-selfish Brother

     So I asked my brother what he'd be doing today seeing as it's his birthday... He said 'nothing o. It's my friend's aunt birthday and I promised I'd show up, plus it's also Biodun's (our cousin's) engagement ceremony and I'm going to that as well...'  I was like alrighty then, you're a better person than I am. I said that because for me, my birthday is MINE!! I do what I like with it, anybody who wants to die that day, I highly encourage them to... Like I dont't even joke with my birthday at all. But then again that's me, I'm the person who buys myself a birthday present every month (yes, visit me on the 23rd to confirm) and TWO presents on January 23.... I can feel you judging me already but that's ok, I actually don't mind.

     But hearing him say that reminded me of how considerate Aldmoni is. Segun Oyefule is the most considerate human being I know, swear down. And you only have to be home with me during the Christmas holidays to verify this. This is what our daily bbm exchange looks like in December:

Me: Oga/aldmoni/Segun how far with today/tonight?

Sege: I don't know. What's up?

Me: We should do something. Lets go to xyz (somewhere that's absurdly far)

Sege: Nah, I'm tired, maybe on the weekend I have work in the morning. Plus I was just at xyz the other day and its just aite, its not that great.

Me: NOOOOOOO...... You're ruining my vacation.. Your mother is killing me in this house... I really want to go to xyz. It'll be fun I promise

Sege: You're on vacation, I have work and a life. (hesitates) Ok, you won't kill me o this girl. Where are you?

Me: I'm at home. Can you come get me?

Sege: Now you're asking for too much..

Me: Ok, I'll come to yours. I can be there in like 30 mins

Sege: It's ok. I'll pick you up. You're annoying, I swear.

Me: Thank you, thank you. I'm sleeping over at yours too. #okthanksbye

Sege: Kmt. Just be ready sha..


     And this is pretty much what every other and the weekends look like. The funny thing is no matter how many times I ask he NEVER says no. Like NEVER... It's A-mazing when I think about it because its not like he doesnt have things to do with his time and money (of course I make him pay wherever we go.. only God knows how much I owe him. He just ignores me now when I say "I'll pay you back, I promise' cos he knows its never happening) I swear I'm sure he dreads my bbms because I'm always asking for one thing or the other. And when I leave he breathes a sigh of relief: 'thank God she's leaving, I can have my life back..' And a few days later he tweets 'So i miss my annoying sister.'
Haha, and then I tweet/bbm back: '...and I love/miss you even more'


So here's to you Chief Aldmoni: Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a good one. Remember to look out for yourself and don't over-do the martyr thingy.  (at least not for other people, if its for me, its fine :) )




Love you much,



Mobobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment