Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Circle of Friends (plus another quick shout out)


Okay, so we did go on our highly anticipated road trip over the weekend.. and it was crazy mad!!! It woulda been madder if I hadn't gotten sick halfway through... but it was definitely a good one. Why? Because it was chilled.. the peoples were real and it was basically a laid back weekend which comprised of good food, good music, loads of picture taking (my least favorite part) and most importantly great company.. So yea, shout out to the whole crew! Y'all rock :-)

In other non-road trip related happenings... You know how I'd been lacking inspiration to get blog-worthy material? Well I got someone to guest write for me.. And what he wrote is soo good (and true!) that I will definitely be asking him to write some more stuff to put up... Here's his piece...




The Circle of Friends…

Isn't it funny how everybody seems to know everybody one way or another? Its quite cool but then again it has some extremely irritating facts. The most annoying of these facts is that it becomes exceptionally hard to find a girl or guy that hasn’t been with one of your friends. It is alarming to think that some people are not bothered at all that their girlfriend or boyfriend has gotten with one of their close friends. Even if the person they got with isn’t close to you… doesn’t that make it worse? This is not to judge anyone but it’s a looming factor that needs to be considered deeply as there is a future ahead and it will be difficult for some of us in the circle of friends to find an ‘untouched partner’ to form families and settle down with… but all that is in the long run.

In the short-run I have seen people who have been best friends from toddlers grow to hate each other in their late teenage years because of the opposite sex. Most people get into physical confrontations and arguments others go blow to blow like all they shared in the past is nothing cuz of this one girl or guy… to be honest, such people lack insight and common reasoning because if you analyse things beyond the ‘now’ you’ll find that this person you are fighting with because of a girl you’ve just met is someone you are bound to in more ways than one. You either know their parents and their parents know yours or you have mutual friends who will suffer the consequences of the argument. Would you really have the boldness to you’re your parents and the parents of your friend that you fell out over a girl or a guy? Does it even sound reasonable to you that you should throw away life long friendships away over girls?
Through personal experiences I have grown to understand that we all need each other in one way or another. Therefore friendships should be kept as much as possible. If your friends ex comes and says they’re feeling you, !cool! if you're feeling them too just let them know that you are but that you cant have anything with them because they’ve been with your friend. Also let your friend know how you feel about their ex but that you are not going to do anything about it cuz you know it will be awkward… I know things like this are easier said than done but you’d be a more respectable person with dignity if you avoid the drama and handle it in an honest way. In fact you too, how will you feel knowing the mouth your kissing has been handled or should I say ‘mouthed’ by your friend (no matter how close)… the thought alone it is DISGUSTING and REPULSIVE…

I’m not going to be hypocritical and act like I haven’t been there before… I have and then I was young and like you I lacked the insight. Truth is some people have never though about these things before. That’s why I’m putting this out! I’ve made that mistake and I look back and I hate it but still I’m not just going to say oh whatever I’ve done it I might as well continue… the best way to handle this dilemma of the circle of friends (which is now one big mess) is to stick to one guy and stop spreading your germs about!


AIDS IS REAL and SO IS HERPES just ask Rihanna and Chris Brown…


~still sexy~
.oao.

No comments:

Post a Comment