Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day Seven!!!!!!!

Day Seven...

...*sighs*... can't believe I did it!lol.. but I did... yayy!!! I actually committed to doing something and followed through :-)

I already had my final post mapped out... I was gonna post some of my favorite inspirational quotes... But I had to go to an AA (yes, Alcoholics Anons) meeting today... And it was like wow.. I just had to write about it...

Like first of all, I'd like to say, Thank God I'm not an alcoholic! At least not anymore..haha. But really though. (Sober/Non-alcoholic) People take a lot for granted. The people at the meeting (most of them) were like so strong and encouraging to each other (the others were just... well, creepy..lol)

I also like the fact that they acknowledge the fact that the problem is bigger than they are, and that they need a 'higher power' (God) to overcome it. They said the Lord's Prayer at the end too, which wowed me... (It's like are they Christian? I thought drinking to oblivion wasn't condoned in the Bible... But whom am I to judge? I need to go read my Bible even..lol) But yea, I think the program works because they support each other, kind of like 'All for one and one for all"... The people were also soo nice (even though I couldn't wait to leave from the minute I got there..haha.. kinda too touchy, feely for me..) I met some of the friendliest people I've come across this year... no joke.

All in all it was an okay experience. I was thinkings about sharing some personal stories that were inspired by 'the bottle'... but um, i changed my mind...hahahhahaha.

But on a serious note alcohol (or any other kind of substance for that matter) abuse is a really serious problem. DO NOT GET INVOLVED IN IT... Just SAY NO. and in the event/case you're already mixed up in that ish, get out ASAP. Not only is it not a good look (on all levels) its extremely dangerous, and if you can't quit by yourself, get help, you will be better for it..

Anyways.. Goodnight!! Have to go work now (the story of my life...mwah!)


sober&sexy
o.a.o


No comments:

Post a Comment